Univision Mobile is a new T-Mobile MVNO, focused on the US Hispanic community
While it is common to find TV channels that are focused on specific ethnic, age, or gender groups, since hey, not all of us at home watch ESPN all day, it’s not common to find this in your means of communication. Univision is quite popular in the United States as being one of the first television networks that’s focused on the US Hispanic community, it seems that it just came up with a smarter way to attract customers and viewers.
Both Univision and T-Mobile have just teamed-up to launch Univision Mobile, a new pre-paid MVNO that uses the T-Mobile network, and which focuses on providing the US Hispanic community with plans that are tailored for their needs. For example, one of the things that this market mostly wants is an easy way to communicate with family members in Latin American countries, and the plan provides this, aside from these other benefits:
- Unlimited Nationwide Talk and Text plans for $30 per month
- Unlimited Nationwide Talk, Text, and Web plans starting at $45 per month ($45 plan includes up to 2.5GB of high-speed data)
- Unlimited international texting from the U.S. to select Latin American countries and 200+ countries and destinations around the world
- 100 minutes to call mobile or landline numbers from the U.S.to eight Latin American countries, including Mexico
- Univision rewards
- Ringtones and Wallpapers
- Sneak peeks of new Univision shows and premieres
- Opportunities for behind-the-scenes VIP access to Univision events and television/radio personalities
- Univision Mobile “portal”
It’s hard to tell if this new strategy will actually make a difference, since unlimited SMS messages to countries outside the US are already quite common on AT&T’s GoPhone service. We’ll see how long this can last.