If you’ve had your eyes on the OnePlus One, we do not blame you. The “2014 flagship killer” smartphone continues to come closer, as it has cleared FCC certification to be sold in the United States. Also, OnePlus has cleared up lots of confusion in regard to the invite system it is using to sell the One, as it gears up to start letting the device loose to the masses.
To get invites, you will generally have to go through someone else who already has the phone. The initial spread of invites will be through contests and raffles, as well. Invites will start going out to users, both through contests and others, in late May (for the 64GB Sandstone Black model).
Invites you receive to purchase the phone are valid typically 24 hours before being returned to the sender, says OnePlus, and invites you can give away are valid around 1-2 weeks. Invites will be rolled out to users who are eligible to give them away as manufacturing capacity allows, and more will be sent out to One owners as the company starts being able to make more devices.
The OnePlus One has also received FCC approval, and hence should better be able to hit target street dates. The only new thing, from what we can tell, is the fact that the OnePlus One comes with microSD expansion up to 32GB. From an IT168 teardown and a source who was present at OnePlus’s American unveil event, however, the microSD card slot is not present on the device. This could either be an error on OnePlus’s side of things, or perhaps we will see a new model launched with storage expansion capabilities.
In terms of connectivity, the FCC docs show that the One will be able to connect to the LTE networks of both AT&T and T-Mobile here in the States.
The listed technical specifications are down below:
- Display: 5.5 inch JDI LTPS IPS with TOL, 1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels), 401 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- Operating System: CyanogenMod 11S based on Android 4.4
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2.5GHz Quad-core CPUs
- GPU: Adreno 330, 578MHz
- RAM: 3 GB LP-DDR3, 1866MHz
- Storage: 16/64 GB
- Rear Camera: 13 Megapixel – Sony Exmor IMX 214, Dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 Megapixel
- Connectivity: GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz), WCDMA (Bands: 1/2/4/5/8),LTE ( Bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40)
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC: 65T
- Positioning: Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS, Digital Compass
- Battery: 3100 mAh Li-Po
We will be sure to bring you more information as it becomes available to us.