Smartphone giveaway: win an unlocked Nokia X from Pocketnow and Negri Electronics!
A few days ago, we took a very special smartphone out of its packaging: the Nokia X. It’s special not because of its midrange build quality or spec sheet, nor even its fluorescent green paint job. It’s special because it’s an Android-powered phone built by Nokia – until recently, a mere fantasy among the hardest-core of mobile geeks.
Of course it’s not all rainbows and sunshine, as we’ve covered before. But none of that matters, really, because when you’re getting a gadget as special as this for free, there really isn’t much to complain about.
“For free, you say?” you ask, jaw dangling in incredulity. “What must I do to win such a thing?”
We’re glad you asked. Hop on down for the official rules right stat now, because this contest is easy … but it’s also going to be over with a quickness!
Smartphone giveaway 2014
This contest works much like our dbrand Nexus 5 giveaway from a few months back. This one kicks off as soon as this post goes live on April 28. To enter, you just need to follow the directions on the Rafflecopter widget below – and the more you share, the better your chances of winning.
Before you get all confused and/or huffy: Yes, you need to be a Twitter user to enter. That’s the bare-minimum requirement for entry. Being a Facebook user is also beneficial, as you can rack up more points that way, but we didn’t make that part mandatory because we know some of y’all don’t roll that way.
So, starting right now (publication time), follow the directions on the widget below and gather as many points as you can over the next two days. Then, tune in to episode 094 of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast, going live on the evening of May 1, where we’ll announce the winner on the air! We’ll also contact the winner directly, but not until well after the podcast – so you’ll want to listen to episode 094 if you want to know promptly whether you’re our lucky new Nokia X owner! Also, the podcast recently won Stitcher’s Best Tech Podcast of 2013 award, so you’d want to be listening anyway, right?
- Contest period begins immediately at publication time on April 28, 2014 and ends at 12a ET, May 1, 2014.
- Contest open to all human inhabitants of Planet Earth (Yes, this means it’s an international contest!)
- Duplicate entries outside the scope of those allowed by the Rafflecopter options, or entries judged to be otherwise fraudulent will be disqualified. Such judgement is at the sole discretion of Pocketnow.
- Prize is one (1) unlocked dual-SIM Nokia X smartphone (green), currently retailing for $142.50 at Negri Electronics.
- Every entrant must fulfill the minimum requirements dictated by the Rafflecopter widget to qualify.
- Grand-prize winner (1) will be selected from Rafflecopter’s randomized pool of entrants. Please provide both first and last name when submitting (where applicable).
- Contest submissions will be accepted at any time up to 12am ET on May 1, 2014. Any submissions received after that cut-off will not be considered.
- Winner will be announced on episode 094 of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast, which will be published at pocketnow.com, Pocketnow’s YouTube channel, and streamed to all applicable podcast feeds in the evening on May 1, 2014 (Eastern Time).
Nokia X Unboxing
(In case you’ve got a hankering to see what’s in the box)
(All the same stuff as above, plus some sweet vanity footage of your future phone)
Finally, if you just can’t wait to get your hands on the Nokia X (or you don’t want to roll the dice on a giveaway), you can purchase the Nokia X from Negri Electronics using this direct link:
That’s all, folks! Leave questions, comments, or other feedback below. Thanks again to our partner Negri Electronics for supplying the giveaway device, and best of luck to all!