iPhone 5c caught fire in 13-year-old’s pants; Caused severe burns

Advertisement

We’ve seen cases here and there of cellphones catching fire for various reasons. Whether it’s happened due to a cheap battery replacement, or bad component reassembly, or the use of a cheap cable to charge the phone as well, these are all the most common reasons. Now in a case that happened yesterday, a 13-year-old’s iPhone 5c caught fire and it wasn’t due to any of these reasons.

This unnamed teenager from Kennebunk, Maine had barely owned the iPhone 5c for two months, which makes it obvious that the phone was not repaired in any way, and since the phone caught fire in her pants while she was moving, it’s clear that she wasn’t using a cheap charging cable during the incident either. The report seems to point to this teenage girl using the iPhone 5c in her back pocket and hearing a crack as she sat down. Minutes later her pants began to catch fire, and even though she thew herself on the floor and rolled around to stop the fire, it didn’t stop until the phone fell off her back pocket. The fire caused her second-degree burns that she is still being treated for.

There will most likely be an investigation and the usual lawsuit for this once the reasons for the fire are clarified, but while that happens, we suggest you use your front pocket to carry your smartphone from now on.

Source: Geek.com
Via: Cult Of Mac

 

Advertisement

What's your reaction?
Love It
0%
Like It
0%
Want It
0%
Had It
0%
Hated It
0%
About The Author
Jaime Rivera
Jaime has been a fan of technology since he got his first computer when he was 12, and has followed the evolution of mobile technology from the PDA to everything we see today. As our Multimedia Manger, he’s been in-charge of growing our YouTube hobby into one of the biggest video channels in the industry. When he’s not building one of our videos, or filming our Pocketnow Daily, he can be found in his second biggest passion, which is running and fitness. Read more about Jaime Rivera!