By Michael Fisher | February 3, 2014 6:23 PM
A question for you, fellow mobile geeks: do you ever wander over to google.com/nexus5 to behold the splendor of the 2013 Android flagship, soaking in the wonders of its “pure Google” software build and Snapdragon 800 chipset before seeing the $399 price tag and, after nervously eyeing your comically oversized pile of credit card bills, slinking away in disappointed defeat?
Don’t answer that yet. Here’s another question.
Have you ever found yourself tempted by the customizability of the Moto X, but been unwilling to make the sacrifice in specs, screen size, and camera performance to choose the Motorola phone over the Nexus?
If you answered yes to either of those (or really, even if you didn’t), you’re in luck. Because Pocketnow has partnered with dbrand to offer you the opportunity to win not just a Nexus 5 of your very own -and the beastly 32GB version at that- but five dbrand vinyl skins to customize the phone as you see fit! The whole package, including the white 32GB Nexus 5 and one each of the carbon fiber, leather, titanium, and mahogany skins, is worth a pre-tax total of just under $485!
Not entirely sure if the Nexus 5 is the phone for you? It’s been a few months since its release, so that’s understandable. Here’s a refresher in the form of a video review, taken from Pocketnow’s full review back in November:
Sold on the phone, but not entirely sure if dbrand products are your bag? Well, we’ve got a quick review of the company’s latest skins, including some up-close-and-personal footage of this very Nexus 5, right here:
Now that we’re all up to speed, let’s get down to business: just how does one win this package? I’m glad you asked.
How to win
This contest works much like our last Nexus 5 giveaway. This one kicks off at midnight Eastern Time on February 4, just under six hours from the time of this posting. To enter, you just need to follow the directions on the Rafflecopter widget below – and the more you share, the better your chances of winning. Before you get all confused and/or huffy: Yes, you need to be a Twitter user to enter. That’s the bare-minimum requirement for entry. Being a Facebook user is also beneficial, as you can rack up more points that way, but we didn’t make that part mandatory because we know some of ya’ll don’t roll that way.
So, starting at midnight Eastern on February 4, follow the directions on the widget below and gather as many points as you can over the next nine days. Then, tune in to episode 083 of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast, going live on the evening of February 13, where we’ll announce the winner on the air! We’ll also contact the winner directly, but not until well after the podcast – so you’ll want to listen to episode 083 if you want to know promptly whether you’re our lucky new Nexus 5 owner! Also, the podcast just won Stitcher’s Best Tech Podcast of 2013 award, so you’d want to be listening anyway, right?
- Contest period begins at 12a ET on February 04, 2014 and ends at 12a ET, February 13, 2014.
- Contest open to all human inhabitants of Planet Earth (Yes, this means it’s an international contest!)
- Duplicate entries outside the scope of those allowed by the Rafflecopter options, or entries judged to be otherwise fraudulent will be disqualified. Such judgement is at the sole discretion of Pocketnow and dbrand.
- Prize is one (1) Google Nexus 5, 32GB, (White), SRP $399.99 and five (5) dbrand skins: white leather, black carbon fiber, mahogany, titanium, and black titanium (the latter already applied on-device).
- Every entrant must fulfill the minimum requirements dictated by the Rafflecopter widget to qualify.
- Grand-prize winner (1) will be selected from Rafflecopter’s randomized pool of entrants. Please provide both first and last name when submitting (where applicable).
- Contest submissions will be accepted at any time up to 12am ET on February 13, 2014. Any submissions received after that cut-off will not be considered.
- Winner will be announced on episode 083 of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast, which will be published at pocketnow.com, Pocketnow’s YouTube channel, and streamed to all applicable podcast feeds in the evening on February 13, 2014 (Eastern Time).
(All the same stuff as above, just in talking-head form)