Spotify goes free, Nokia Android phone, Samsung AMOLED future & more – Pocketnow Daily
Watch today’s Pocketnow Daily as we talk about the possible Ubuntu Touch smartphones that we may see from undisclosed OEMs very soon. Microsoft is next as we get reports of the company being bold enough to offer Windows RT and Windows Phone 8 for free to OEMs. Nokia follows the news as we get more reports of a 5.2-inch Lumia, aside from more details of the Nokia Normandy, which may run Android. We then talk about Samsung, and the possibility that the company may ditch AMOLED displays next year. We end today’s show talking about the new Spotify mobile strategy.
All this and more after the break.
– Ubuntu Touch smartphones still happening: Canonical secures mystery hardware partner
– Could Microsoft eliminate WP8/RT licensing fees for OEMs?
– Nokia continues to flirt with larger Lumias; 5.2-inch model in the works
– Nokia Normandy runs Android, claims report
– Will Samsung turn its back on OLED panels for the Galaxy S 5?
– Spotify confirms free-for-mobile plans