HTC’s revenue grows, market share stats, Apple repairs cracked iPhones & more – Pocketnow Daily
Watch today’s Pocketnow Daily as we talk about Toshiba’s new line-up of tablets and why these don’t really move the dot for the company in their mobile endeavors. Then we talk about Intel as the company has landed two new mobile processors and has even won Samsung as a customer with the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. We look at the smartphone market share statistics and notice the supremacy of Android, the growth of iOS and Windows Phone and the decline of BlackBerry. HTC is next as we talk about their dramatic increase in revenue for May and also the price increase of the HTC One. We end today’s show talking about Apple’s new strategy to fix broken iPhone displays at the store.
All this and more after the break.
– Toshiba Excite tablets announced: Excite Pro, Excite Write, Excite Pure, running Android 4.2
– New Intel Atom processors revealed at Computex: Merrifield for smartphones, Bay Trail-T for tablets
– Intel gets its chips in Samsung’s new Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
– Smartphone OS marketshare April update: Android dominates, iOS grows, Windows Phone passes 5% threshold
– HTC has a great May; revenue growth continues
– HTC raises price for One – just to match Google?
– Busted iPhone screen? Apple starts offering in-store repairs
If you’re having trouble watching the video here, you can always catch it on YouTube.