ParanoidAndroid is one of the most novel and interesting custom ROMs that you’ll find today. Unlike other ROMs that simply add cool goodies to Android, ParanoidAndroid lets you change your smartphone, phablet, or tablet into one of the others — or even a mix of phone, phablet, and tablet, depending on your preferences. Imagine your phablet running in tablet mode, or your smartphone running in phablet mode. With ParanoidAndroid, it’s easy!
It doesn’t stop there! ParanoidAndroid lets you specify which mode you want each of your apps to run in. Your Nexus 4, for example, might look best in “phone” mode, but Gmail may work better for you in “tablet” mode. With ParanoidAndroid, you have the ability to change the layout and display on an app-by-app basis. How does it look? Hit play and let’s see!
- This ROM lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even system components individually.
- Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigation bar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course.
- Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
- Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size.
- You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to.
- You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot.
- You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode.
- Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won’t shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself.
- This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.
Ready to take the plunge? Here are a couple links to get you started!
Have a Nexus 4? Here’s where you can get your ROM: goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/mako
Want to see if your device is supported? Check here: goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms