Samsung’s Galaxy Note II continues to redefine the smartphone space. The phone/tablet hybrid achieved a 9 out of 10 in our comprehensive review, demonstrated excellent staying power in its recent After The Buzz appearance, and continues to sell well as we head into the holiday season.
Now, thanks to the fine folks at Samsung, we have the opportunity to give one away. So that’s just what we’re going to do.
If you’ve been dreaming of sticking an S Pen-enabled phablet in a loved one’s stocking this holiday, but you’d like to avoid spending $600 in the process, this post contains everything you need to know to enter for your chance to win. It’s not just a simple matter of liking and following us on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Google Plus (but that is a component). This contest also calls for some trivia prowess.
If you’re video-minded, check out the brief rundown on YouTube, then examine the fine print below.
How To Enter
Entering is a simple process:
1. Like and follow Pocketnow on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus. If you don’t have a Facebook account, that’s fine; following Pocketnow on Twitter or Google Plus will be sufficient to qualify. Vice-versa, if you don’t have a Twitter or Google Plus account, then Liking us on Facebook will work. If you have neither a Facebook nor a Twitter account, you’ll have to sit this one out.
The appropriate links are below.You must like/follow at least one of these to qualify. Maybe do this right now. Just a suggestion.
2. Answer the five trivia questions. We’ll post one mobile-tech-related trivia question per day, at the bottom of a random post, above the source links. To help you out, the first trivia question of the contest is at the bottom of this post.
Wednesday’s trivia question will be contained within that day’s episode of the Pocketnow Weekly Podcast. In between all of our usual chatter about iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and the off-topic chuckles and off-color jokes, the question will be asked by a mysterious voice that may or may not resemble Michael Fisher’s.
3. Send your answers to us by noon on Monday, 12/17. Send your five answers in one email to CONTEST [AT] POCKETNOW [DOT] COM.
PROTIP: this means we shouldn’t be getting any emails until the last hint goes up on Friday.
One last time: you should only send one email, with all five answers contained within it, once Friday’s hint goes up. We do not want a separate email for each trivia question.
That’s that! On Monday, December 17, we’ll randomize all qualifying responses and post the winner here at Pocketnow.com, and one of you lucky folks will be taking home an (unlockable) AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II!
For full terms and conditions, check out the list of legalese below. Yes, we know this is a little more involved than most giveaways, but this is one of the hottest devices of the year you’re entering to win. For free. We think it’s worth a little bit of legwork. Plus, trivia’s fun!
- Contest period begins on December 10, 2012 and ends at 12pm EST, December 17, 2012.
- Contest open to all human inhabitants of Planet Earth
- Only one submission per email address
- Multiple email addresses per person will result in disqualification
- Prize is one (1) AT&T-branded Samsung Galaxy Note II, SRP $649.99
- Every entrant must fulfill the Facebook, Twitter, and/or Google Plus requirements mentioned above to qualify.
- Grand-prize winner (1) will be selected from a random drawing of those who submit correct answers to all five trivia questions, and fulfill the social-media requirements outlined above.
- Contest submissions will be accepted at any time up to 12 noon, EST, on December 17. Any submissions received after that cut-off will not be considered.
- Submissions should be sent to contest [AT] pocketnow [DOT] com.
- All valid submissions will be placed into a pool, from which the winner will be chosen at random using Random.org.
Please join us in thanking Samsung for the giveaway device, and good luck to all of our contestants! See below for the first hint of the contest!
Samsung Galaxy Note II Giveaway Contest, Question 1: What is the maximum size microSD card that an AT&T-branded Galaxy Note II can accommodate?