By Michael Fisher | November 26, 2012 1:52 PM
This past Black Friday, I wasn’t scrambling for deals at a local Best Buy or Wal Mart; I was recovering from too much turkey and taters. I was enjoying my convalescence from overindulgence at a local winery, whose tasting room featured a sound system of impressive bass and volume.
That stereo equipment, I was later to learn, was a Sonos wireless HiFi system: a stereo apparatus that allows one to stream music from internet sources like Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, and a whole host of others to a big ‘ole speaker, and control it via an iOS, Android, PC, or Mac device. It’s a little slice of the acoustic future, right here in 2012.
And thanks to our good friends at Sonos, we’re offering one of these babies -specifically a Sonos Play 3 and a Sonos Bridge- for free, to one lucky winner! Hooray!
But there’s no such thing as a free lunch (or so I’ve heard). You do have to do the tiniest bit of leg work to win this $300 prize, but not to worry: it’s not as involved as our usual giveaways. Check out our video overview, then check out the rules and regulations, below.
How To Enter
Entering is a simple, three-step process:
1. Like and follow both Pocketnow and Sonos on Facebook and Twitter. If you don’t have a Facebook account, that’s fine; following Pocketnow and Sonos on Twitter will be sufficient to qualify. Vice-versa, if you don’t have a Twitter account, then Liking us on Facebook will work. If you have neither a Facebook nor a Twitter account, you’ll have to sit this one out. You must either Facebook-Like or Twitter-Follow both Pocketnow and Sonos to qualify. The appropriate links are below. Maybe do this right now. Just a suggestion.
2. Listen to this week’s episode of the Pocketnow Weekly Podcast. We’ll be recording it Wednesday and it’ll be posted the same day. In between all of our usual chatter about iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and the off-topic chuckles and off-color jokes, a special hint word will be spoken by a mysterious voice that may or may not resemble Michael Fisher’s. Write down this hint word, or memorize it, or record it as an audio memo – whatever you need to do.
3. Send the hint word, as well as your Facebook and/or Twitter handle, to our contest mailbox, contest [AT] pocketnow [DOT] com. The hint word verifies that you listened to the podcast, and the Twitter or Facebook handle lets us verify your like/follow. No, we won’t spam you.
On Monday, December 3, we’ll randomize all qualifying responses and post the winner here at Pocketnow.com, and one of you lucky folks will be taking home a Sonos Wireless HiFi system courtesy of Pocketnow and Sonos!
For full terms and conditions, check out the list of legalese below. The comment section is open for now, but will close once this week’s Pocketnow Weekly episode is published to discourage cheating. Of course, enterprising folks will find ways of defeating that safety measure, but we encourage you to play fair with this giveaway, which we think is pretty cool.
- Contest period begins at Pocketnow Weekly podcast publication, on or around midday on November 28, 2012 and ends December 3, 2012.
- Contest open to all human inhabitants of Planet Earth
- Only one submission per email address
- Multiple email addresses per person will result in disqualification
- Prize is one (1) Sonos Play 3 and Sonos Bridge combo pack, SRP $299
- Every entrant must fulfill the Facebook and/or Twitter requirements mentioned above to qualify.
- Grand-prize winner (1) will be selected from a random drawing of those who submit the correct hint word and fulfill the social-media requirements outlined above. Hint word will come from this week’s episode of the Pocketnow Weekly Podcast (episode 020).
- Contest submissions will be accepted at any time up to 12 noon, EST, on December 3. Any submissions received after that cut-off will not be considered.
- Submissions should be sent to contest [AT] pocketnow [DOT] com.
- All valid submissions will be placed into a pool, from which the winner will be chosen at random using Random.org.
Please join us in thanking Sonos for the grand prize opportunity, and good luck to all of our contestants! We’ll see you on the podcast!
Update: The podcast is now live at this link! Enjoy, and good luck!