By Stephen Schenck | November 9, 2012 8:00 PM
Well, we suppose that’s one good excuse to upgrade to a Nexus 10.
Every once in a while we hear some horror story about a smartphone or tablet deciding to rebel against its owner, overheating, spewing noxious fumes, and sometimes flat-out catching on fire. While, on a whole, this sort of thing is a rarity for devices manufactured by respectable companies, there’s always the small chance that something can go wrong. This time, fate crossed paths with a Nexus 7 tablet, reducing it to a shell of its former self.
Reportedly, this Nexus 7 was charging overnight when it started churning out clouds of black smoke. The owner noticed what was going on in the early hours of the morning, but by then the damage had been done.
ASUS is coming through like a champ to help put things right, hooking the owner up with a new Nexus 7, and hopefully one a little more cool-tempered at that.