Sony Announces Their New Xperia T, V and J at IFA
I’m sure you’ll all agree with us in the fact that Sony is quickly running out of letters for their Xperia line. Their keynote is almost about to end in Berlin and they’ve just announced a ton of products. Within the list, we’ve just got their new Xperia line-up. The devices, in order of power are the T, the V and the J.
The Sony Xperia T is their new flagship devices, which will also be dubbed the TX in certain regions. When it comes to specs, the device includes a:
- 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm MSM8260A Snapdragon S4 CPU
- Pentaband UMTS / HSPA+ radios
- A 4.55-inch screen with 720p resolution
- 13 Megapixel camera with a new Sleep to snap technology that they’re boasting and 1080p video capture
- A front-facing cam with 720p video capture
- MHL connectivity, NFC, FM Radio
- 16GB onboard storage (down from the Xperia S’ 32GB)
- a 1,850mAh battery
- When it comes to dimensions it’ll weigh 4.9 ounces (139g) and come in at 9.35mm thick
- Available in Black, Silver and White
Not much detail was shared about the Xperia V and J. We do know that the V will have LTE connectivity and include a new casing technology to keep it water resistant, and that the J will be their budget-friendly smartphone.
Sadly all the Xperia line-up is still running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich under their proprietary skin, and we all know how bad Sony can be when it comes to providing software upgrades, which in this case would be to the already existing Jelly Bean.
Details are still emerging; expect our hands-on coverage of these devices very soon.