The Explosion Of the Galaxy S III Was Not Samsung’s Nor the Phone’s Fault
You have to remember the Samsung Galaxy S III which melted down two weeks ago, a fact which determined Samsung to start an investigation to see exactly what happened. For this, the phone maker hired an independent third party organization, Fire Investigations UK (FIUK), which published some interesting findings in its report.
Turns out that “the energy source responsible for generating the heat has been determined as external to the device” and the phone itself “was not responsible for the cause of the fire”. Furthermore, “the only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner’s damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave”. Faced with such exact and unequivocal findings, the original poster of the issue had this to say: “I would like to retract my original statement. The damage to the phone was caused by another person, although they were attempting to recover the phone from water this later caused the damage shown on the phone. It occurred due to a large amount of external energy and there was no fault with the phone. This was not a deliberate act but a stupid mistake.”