Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Getting Bugfix OTA Update
Users of the Motorola Droid 2 on Verizon should check for an update notification which could either appear on its own or could just manually check for its existence.
Verizon is pushing out the 4.5.621.A955.Verizon.en.US refresh for the phone and it contains a couple of bugfixes intended to make your experience better, smoother. Among the most notable features are a Google security patch, adjusted camera settings and reduced Out of Memory errors. However, here’s the full changelog:
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- A Google Security Patch has been added to improve security level.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
- Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
- Reduced Out of Memory errors.
Email, Messaging & Data
- Improved ability to access and receive Gmail messages when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
Applications & Widgets
- WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
- Purchased ringtones are now able to be downloaded, saved and used where appropriate.