AT&T NoDo Update Disabling Samsung Focus HSUPA? Fix It!
AT&T sure seems to have a love/hate relationship with HSUPA. It’s got no problem boasting about how fast its network is, but try to find a phone that can take advantage of high-speed uploads, and you’ll rapidly find your choices shut-out – unless you want an iPhone, that is. Windows Phone 7 users who have configured their phones to use HSUPA and have just installed the new NoDo update may be noticing slower speeds, as the patch is apparently setting the devices to HSDPA-only.
Samsung Focus users can pretty easily set their smartphones to start employing HSUPA again, following these steps:
● From the number-dial screen:
● Enter ##634#
● Diagnostics screen should open.
● Enter *#32489#
● Test mode screen should open.
● Press back at the bottom. (bottom right, not the phone’s back button)
● Press 5 for RRC (HSPA) control.
● Press 1 to view what yours is set at.
● Press 2 to change it.
● Press 3 to change to Release 6 HSDPA/HSUPA.
If only things were so easy for the company’s “4G” Android lineup!