Gingerbread Sense UI ROM for the T-Mobile G2 (Video)
There are two things that most consider to be “mutually exclusive” on Android-powered phones: Gingerbread, and HTC Sense. Of course this is changing as HTC is releasing ROMs for their devices with both Gingerbread and their Sense UI, but currently there aren’t that many with both.
In the video I describe the process of getting everything setup, but since shooting, a little bit has changed.
– You’ll still need to have a rooted device and be running ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x to be able to flash the ROM.
– You’ll still want to backup your old ROM before you go any further.
– You’ll still need to factory reset and wipe your data and cache before you begin.
– The latest version, as of this writing, is 1.0.1. You can download the ROM through the link on the XDA-Developers thread.
I also mentioned that 1.0.1 “isn’t fully cooked”. Known issues include:
* Camcorder hangs when pressing record
* Bluetooth does not work
* HTC Hub fails to log in
* The “card” mail widget does not work
* Landscape mode in Sense is buggy
* Question mark doesn’t work on hardware keyboard