Droid 2 Global Update Almost Here, Fixes International Issues
Motorola’s Droid 2 Global has a software update on the way, and while it may not be the Gingerbread you’ve been waiting for, there will be some fixes for several annoying bugs.
Update 2.4.330 should be going out over-the-air any day now, as a flyer notifying retailers of the coming software patch was produced earlier this month. While many of the fixes deal with issues arising from the phone’s international compatibility, general tweaks like better audio performance should be enjoyed by all.
The full list of improvements and fixes is as follows:
* Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
* Device no longer indicates “No Service” after powering up.
* Device no longer resets when changing from Global Mode to GSM/UMTS communication.
* Device now refreshes the user interface display when switching from GSM/UMTS to Global Mode.
* Eliminated the blank screen when dialing the call forwarding string *71.
* Improved audio during voice calls.
* Reduced user interface lock-ups.
We don’t have any expected date for the update to go live, but it feels like this one’s right on the cusp. Keep your eye on your Droid 2 Global for notification of when the 15.6MB download finally becomes available.
Source: Droid Life