iPhone Awareness! App Won’t Let You Zone Out to Music
Now when I came across this, the first thing I asked myself is who would have any interest in the world outside when listening to music on their headphones. Well, Awareness! The Headphone App actually detects your surrounding noise right before you begin playing music on your headphones. What it’ll do then is add any ambient noise that exceeds the initial level of noise it detected when you began playing your music. So yeah, if somebody walks up to you and calls you while you listen to a song, the idea is that you don’t miss out on it because of the music playing.
I know some of you won’t have much of a use or need for it, but this concept can be a life saver if you’re jogging down the road and wanna make sure you don’t get run over because you simply didn’t hear the car coming at you. Or if you’re baby sitting, the kid’s asleep and don’t wanna miss when he or she wakes up. Have a look at this video for an idea:
The list of features include:
* Maintain spatial audio awareness for better safety in your surroundings.
* Use while travelling, in the office, at home or just about anywhere you would use headphones or earphones.
* True iOS4 multi tasking app
* Use Awareness! with music, videos, games and audio books.
* Microphone trigger AutoSet feature analyzes ambient sound levels
and automatically sets a microphone trigger level to exclude background noise.
* Vibrate only warning function
* Compatible with all headphones headsets and earphones including closed cup, on-ear, in-ear, noise isolating and noise-cancelling models.
One thing we wish we weren’t aware of is the $5 price tag, but given the creative nature of the app, I guess its a fair introductory price. If you’re interested, head on over to iTunes for your copy.