GekoTask: Finger-friendly App for Managing Tasks
A while ago, we reported on GekoNewCal, which is a finger-friendly appointment manager for Windows Mobile. The developer has finally released its sister app for managing tasks, called GekoTask.
HTC Sense (TF3D) has greatly evolved over the past couple of years and managing appointments is no exception. However, many users still look for a separate app for managing tasks. GekoTask could easily fill this void. Regarding ease of use and finger-friendliness, the default Windows Mobile look certainly doesn’t cut it these days. You can test the full version for 15 days, after which it will run you 2.99 . View the list of features below and check it out at GekoNewmobile.
Main features & functions:
– Smart user interface: GekoTask is designed to achieve the best level of ergonomics and ease of use. All the functions are accessible without using the stylus; the interface is simple and intuitive; the time scheduling is done by using the kinetic picker. Complete a task simply by clicking on the check button in the tasks list.
– Personalization of Tasks: GekoTask allows you to set a category for your task. You can also customize your list of categories and assign the following attributes: priority, status, sensitivity, recurrence frequency, and reminder. All task details are fully synchronized with Microsoft Outlook.
– Invitation over SMS: With GekoTask you can forward your invitation via SMS. You can invite your friends or colleagues simply by selecting their name from the contact list in your smartphone; they will accept or decline and the date will be automatically created in their agenda. You will receive a reply notification. (This option is possible only if GekoTask is installed also in the addressee’s smarphone).
– Support for most screen resolutions: GekoTask supports the following screen resolutions: QVGA, WQVGA, VGA, WVGA in “portrait” mode. The program automatically adapts the graphic to your screen resolution.
– Open to new skins: GekoTask supports your graphical skins. You can personalize the look of the program as you want. Skins are available on the GekoNewmobile site.
– Support for many languages: GekoTask is delivered with the following languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Greek, Czech, Danish, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Japanese. You can add any other language simply by uploading a resource file with the translation.
– Windows Mobile compliant: GekoTask supports all touchscreen devices based on Windows Mobile 5.x and 6.x