More Hands-on with Windows Phone 7 Series
Here’s a more intimate hands-on with Windows Phone 7 series taken by WMExperts at Barcelona. From the video, we learn a few new things:
1. You can tap and hold anyone from the People hub and “pin it” to the Start screen
2. When asked about Twitter support in the People hub, the Microsoft rep remarked that “Windows Live aggregates about 80 social networks, so it would pull from Twitter”
3. Still no plans for Microsoft to support Zune on Mac
4. The actual program menu on Windows Phone 7 Series is accessed by tapping the right arrow, or by swiping to the left. You get just a very simple list of icons arranged vertically. Like favorite people, you can tap and hold a program shortcut to “pin it” to the Start screen. It seems that overall, the program launcher has an unfinished feel. Hopefully Microsoft plans to align the icons in a grid, because as of now, there is a lot of wasted screen space with the skinny column of icons.
5. Here’s what you can add to the Start screen: favorite people, internet shortcuts, Zune playlists, pictures, programs, system notifications (signal strength/carrier, missed calls, emails, etc) and third party tiles that act as data streams.
6. Like WebOS, Windows Phone 7 calendar will pull from (and color code) multiple calendars.